Justin's 90g Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KreativJustin

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, I bought my 90 gallon tank today off Craigslist for $100 even. No cracks and not even slight scratches. I will be posting pictures tomorrow. When the project is complete I will be starting a new stock, so I need some help!

The fish you see in my signature, most of them will be moved to a friends tank. The only ones that will stay are the Anglefish, Plecostamus, and Rainbow Shark. I'm wanting something on the lines of an eel (friendly of course) and a few other larger fish. I do not want to have any of my other fish eaten, so keep that in mind.

I will be keeping updates on here as I go, but this build will consist of:

10g-20g tank SUMP
Custom Stand/Canopy
Custom 3D Background (with bubble strips built in)
Custom Slate Fixtures
Custom Caves

As I said before, I gotta clean the tank up a bit and will be posting pictures of it tomorrow! Anyone subscribed, I appreciate it. I will probably be posting for help on this as I go a long, any and all help is very much appreciated.

You guys n girls rock \m/

:fish2:

---Edit---

Couldn't wait to put pictures up lol :)

nef3at.jpg

fxysug.jpg

Last edited:
Uh oh, I just noticed... it does not have a brace in the middle of the tank! Should I maybe by thin strips of solid metal and apply two of them at 30% from each side?

This just blows me away that I forgot to check. Looking at the tank, it doesn't look like there was one prior to any removal of one. The edges are very fine and don't appear to have any marks/mishaps like someone removed them/it.

The guy had a custom top (canopy type) on the top. It was very tight when he took it off, you can even notice a few scratch marks on the upper trim from it on the outside. I'm wondering if he did this to help the tank from bowing. If so, I might be able to get away with this right?

Yeah, a snug canopy would serve the same purpose. You'd just have to watch how long you went with it off.

It will never be off once it is on there. It will be hinged to allow the top portion of the canopy to be opened. So the 'support' brace of the canopy will always be in the same place.

Back
Top Bottom