keeping creatures out of z-flow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kukki

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok so ive been away forever it seems and im sure there might be something DIY better out i dunno but i saw and liked the idea so i went out and built it

this prolly should be under the DIY section but here goes =p

when i went out and got all the parts i picked up a extra fish net thinking i might be able to use the netting and something to secure it on, as a screen to keep out fish or snails or whatever...

but what could i use to keep the net around the collection cup?... something removable becuase i want to put a sponge or such in there to keep derbis out and needing to clean it every so often ....

are rubberbands safe for a extended period of time?

move this if ya need to ! :).. wasnt a big DIY question so just threw it out there :)

hi thanks :D

depending on what you used for the collection cup, you might be able to find a "drain cap" for the PVC. you could superglue the fishnet to that or wrap the fish net around it and set it into place.

(And i'll bump this over to the DIY section)

you can use a rubberband, nylon string, or billy's great idea of a drain cap - that has never dawned on me before. doh!

Back
Top Bottom