Kinda Short DIY Stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

insecurity

Aquarium Advice Activist
So, I think's I be a getting a 40g tank for my bedroom. Problem- stands are expensive!- and they don't really have anything with a built in bookcase that it would be replacing.

Solution though: I can get a good sized table that I can build the bookcase I want into it (underneath). That being said, I'd want to make darn sure that its going to hold up the tank. I'm thinking metal L brackets and 45 degree angled pieces to help bear the weight. Anything else I should consider?

I would just start from scratch personally. I found it's easier to do it that way when I do mine. If you have good carpenter skills you can make one easily. Also I found it cheaper this way. Try going on youtube and watch a few videos to get an idea and start from there. Hope my advice helps!

Ive done a few builds in the diy section so it might be worth a look. You can get around needing power tools if you plan out what pieces you'll need and have the big box store cut as needed.

Back
Top Bottom