Looking for direction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends on your environment I guess. It would all come down to the relative humidity in your house. Most folks are surprised though about how fast a 50+ gallon tank loses water, and the level of water loss is magnified since when running a sump, the only level that changes is the small area in your return section. My tank evaps roughly 7 gallons of water a week.

Yup, a little higher RH probably where you are. 3 gallons a week isn't bad... but just remember with your small return section, that will probably translate to topping off manually at least 3 times a week to keep the water level above your return pump.

So all I need is that float and storage tank?

I just saw this...

For an ato system, you would need 3 things:

the float switch
a pump that is plugged into the float switch to move water
a reservoir

And you are welcome, best of luck with the build! Seems like you have a good plan. Take some pics and let us know how it comes out.

Just had an idea. For a storage tank it would be slick to retro fit one of those blue 5gal jugs bc then I could just revolve them every so often. There's a glacier water by my house that I pass that has really good RO drinking water. That's what I use on all my tanks.

That'll work. I use an aqua lifter for my ATO pump. Works really well and would make what you are planning really easy.

No not at all. Look at an aqua lifter. Lol. Cheap and easy. And it doesn't have to go down in the reservoir. You just drop a suction line down in the re.

Anyone use loc-line fittings in there tank. My real question is what do u measure to determine which size I have so I can buy different pieces. I got some from a friend and I'm not sure what size it is.

Back
Top Bottom