Looking for DIY nano chiller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fungus

Aquarium Advice Regular
For reefers, does anybody have a recommendation for a chiller for a 10g? Has anyone ever made a DIY chiller project?

The only DIY chillers I've seen are made using a mini fridge. Though it seems that might be too much for a nano ? Not sure.

They make small chillers for nano tanks but they still are anywhere from 100-400 dollars a piece. I've heard that most diy chillers can never reach the same consistency or efficiency as ready made ones.

I've heard mixed reviews on DIY chillers. Some loved them, some hated them. Either way nano chilling seems tricky. Personally I would just buy a chiller made for a nano. JMO

If you are try to cool it just a couple degrees use a fan blowing across the top, their is even special aquarium fans that clamp on the tank.

I am looking for a few degrees of cooling, but for times when I might be away for several days. I don't want to evaporate so much water that the salinity changes.

Back
Top Bottom