luckey bamboo suspenshion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shrimpfreek

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Well i thought i need luckey bamboo then i thought well ill just submerge it then i found out that it cannot be submerged without rotting :banghead: so i thought ill suspend it and the roots will hang down all the way about a foot down then i thought that will look AMAZING then my ghost shrimp will swim through the roots and the betta will rest in them now here comes the DIY part the suspenshion i think if i get a peace of yarn in a slipnot i can keep it above the water wil this work to go more into detail i will ahve a long string with a slipnot at the end then get the end of the string and tuck it down under the taink to keep it in place has aneyone done eneything easer with bamboo pictures would be nice thanks :fish1: :fish2: :fish2:

Well, I've used some plastic craft mesh (used for cross stitch) to suspend some mangrove seedlings above the water. I just cut a sort of T shape in it that I could slide the stem through and laid the mesh sheet over the top of the little tank I am using to grow them out. I think you could do the same with your bamboo depending on the container you are using for this. I'll try to take some pictures for you later.

Back
Top Bottom