Maintaining temperatures at night when lights are off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boro25

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
To keep this simple iv got a Russian tortoise had him overnight now this morning I noticed his tank temp was round 60 ... ideal is 68-80 with a hot spot that can hit upto 100 iv done done this with lights on but at night lights off my temperature drops so how do I maintain of 70 for him at night with no heat lamps

Sorry if not posted right spot but like everyone on here I plan on fix this myself once I know how

Russians can handle a drop in temp overnight, 60 is fine but you don't want it lower than that. You can use ceramic heat emitters to provide warmth without light. You may need to play around with distance from the tank so that you're not warming it too much. Around 70 would be ideal.

Ok thanks I will do periodic checks through this night to see how low it’s rlly getting since I’ll be up anyways also I’m still playing with distance my challenge with lights on is my huge tank size of 110 gallon iv posted it in photography & showoff with turtle and other posts gettin it ready for turtle

I don’t know if still the case but used to be able to get mat heaters that sit under tank (like home brew kit heaters).

Back
Top Bottom