Making a Sump for my 29 G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mrs. Peels - The link worked ok for me - but that is not only a sump but a complete Wet/dry system. Is this what you are looking for? It is a fine design if that is the type of system you want (wet/dry) - if yo are just interested in a Sump as a delivery system for an Overflow input then this is like a bit more then you need.

So, Sort of the same question as Reefrunner :)

My sump..

I added a sump to my 30 gal. The main reason was simply to increase the total amount of water in the system and provide additional space for LR filtration and DSB. It also made my tank a lot tidier since I was able to put all the heaters, skimmer etc. etc. into the sump

Given that was my goal, all I needed from a sump was a box that would hold water. I used a 20 gal off-the-shelf cheap aquarium, but I've heard of others that use rubbermaid tubs.

Cheap and effective.

I use a 15 gallon rubbermaid container for my sump. Bought it from Wal-Mart. I didn't even install any baffles in the thing. Just a plain ol'e plastic box...

Back
Top Bottom