You will see in the pictures that I created a dual layer 4 piece structure using Bathroom slate tile with no treatment. A tile cutter was necessary as was a hammer to make the broken edge pieces to give it a more rugged natural feel
I applied heavily GE Silicone 1 to put the structure together. The wall supports on all of my structures were made using 2 pieces of cut tile to give it more durability and to allow it to sit better
I created and upside down structure to act as a substrate dam that keeps my caves in tact. Otherwise substrate would of just spread out diminishing the cave space that was made for my feather-fin catfish.
A 2 inch notch was created in the back corners of my lower structure to allow access to the upper structures.
After I had these structures built I use standard shower caddies that could sit on each level. The suction cups help but would never hold on there own,. So allowing them to rest on the structures is what makes this work. I used some fine stainless steel surgical mesh to cover any unwanted holes to keep the substrate from falling through.
On the very top I used corner caddies and actually inserted plants into the hole on the side allowing the plants to cover up the plastic.
Behind my driftwood bonsai I have standard shower caddies and used zip ties to attach cholla logs stuffed with Christmas moss.
All of the structures and shower caddies can be removed for maintenance. Everything sitting on the 1st shelf is also removable. Basically Anubias on driftwood pieces, and some marimo moss balls and marimo stuffed cholla logs that cover the entire lower shelves.
Visit my signature links for my photo gallery for more pictures of my tank and its processes. Also my TOTM write up which includes some tech data.