Material for Custom Lid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slappy Kincaid

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I spotted something labeled Multiwall Polycarbonate Sheeting, which is a clear plastic sheeting with ribbed internal channels. It won't warp and cuts easily and about $30 for a 2 x 8 sheet.

It claims to block UV radiation. Does anyone know if this UV filtration will impact my plants?

Here's a link for the stuff: https://www.palram.com/us/product/sunlite-diy-polycarbonate-multi-wall/

Last edited:
Says its greenhouse approved? Looks good on paper. If you're using leds? I may be concerned about the unholy carnival/disco ball nightmare that will create. Try it though! post pics! I've burned a ton of money on aquarium experimentation. Your turn [emoji14]

I traded some fish with a guy that had that on his 125g. Looked awesome. Very stiff. Cut to fit perfect. Loved it. And cheap for hard to find tanks

Tank lid completed

So I finally got the plants and finished the tank. No disco ball refraction from the polycarb lid and the plants are growing well.

Attachments

• IMG_20201223_095056.jpg
    IMG_20201223_095056.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 31
For the longer cuts I used a circular saw with a plywood blade (which has pretty fine teeth). To cut notches out for tubing I used a utility knife.

i use clear green plexiglass and a screen cover but there are other colors of plexiglass as well

Back
Top Bottom