Mbuna cave structure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T Waters

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Her Mbuna type tank on Youtube.

I was interested when I saw this video on youtube... yeah it looks good. But all those cave rocks were glued together (she said) before putting them all in the tank. So, I guess the rocks can't fall or get rearranged. And I'm thinking it is possible to lift the whole structure out once a year or so and cleaned and put back in. But I would want it smaller or maybe in two pieces (to make removal easier).

Still, it looks like a fine idea to arrange the whole structure outside the tank until satisfied, take a picture, then break it down and put it back together permanently with silicone sealant (which is apparently what she did).

I like her creativity and hardscaping talent. IMO it's a better, simpler plan just to search your local commercial rock yard or landscaping company for Honeycombed Limestone / Texas Holey Rock. Caves and crevaces already provided by Mother Nature. Try to locate flat bottom pieces. You'll find much cheaper prices at the Rock yard as compared to your LFS.
Pictured is a side view of my African tank, hardscaped with Texas Holey Rock.

Attachments

• 20180726_092309.jpg
    20180726_092309.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 84
Back
Top Bottom