Metal Halide DIY help.-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonForce

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I came across a brand new Hydrel metal halide ballast from a friend for free to see if I can utilize it to save even more money on my DIY lighting setup, I will be going to pick the ballast up tomorrow however im not sure if it will be compatable. I have all the specs though, if anyone can help me out that would be awsome!

Hydrel 277V 175W M57 Metal Halide Ballast
Model # HSL-5530

Watts: 175
Volts: 277
Lamp type: M57

If there is anyway for me to use this lighting ill have a very nice 4.7 watts per gallon to start my first reef/fish project while spending under 100 bucks! Thanks again!

Have you found a bulb to fit it? do you have 240V(im pretty sure thats what is needed) wired to your tank location? I think the normal MH bulbs are M38-40.. but.. thats just from reaserch.. HTH

im guessing i cant use it, i already ordered the reflector and the mogul, i dont think this ballast is compatable ill just have to buy a different one.

that looks like it would work with either.. good show.. it says pulse or probe start.. :p
you would need some 03 suplementing for corals though.. its 10K

Back
Top Bottom