My display room...3 tanks displayed within wall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aimeovaldi

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have installed 3 aquariums into a wall in my fishroom. They consist of a 46 gallon bow front salt tank, a 55 gallon standard African Cichlid tank and a 38 gallon standard freshwater community tank. It works well and I have access bhind the wall for maintenance. When I figure out how to post photos, I will do that. Has anyone else done the "in the wall" setup? It really looks cool from the outside. I also have a 65 gallon salt tank up and running as well as a 5 gallon nano reef in my office at work. Great site by the way.

tony, to post photos, instead of using the quick reply, use the "post reply" tab at the bottom of the page. Then use the add attachment feature. I'm sure you know how to use it because I know the other forum you hang out on. Very glad to see you here. BTW, Dean said he talked to you and you said you knew me, totally cool. Cant wait to meet you in person. We will have to meet over thier sometime.

Sweet. I cant wait to see these. Also woudl like to see the equipment room if there is one.

Also photos must be smaller than 125KB each and your limited to 3 photos per post so if you post more than 3 you have to reply and add more.

Fishfreek, I just want to say I appreciate all the knowledge you have, I really learn alot from you. Check out the post (LOL) that I left for you in saltwater discussion abiut weight of aquariums vs refrigerators. It is so pretentious. Michael hope to meet you soon, Dean said you were in and has good things to say about you. If you are in the market for a clarki clown, he has some large ones for 17.99, it is a killer deal and they look and act great. I had to buy one. I will attempt to get some photos on soon, my equipment room is the inside of the closet area I made behind the wall. The room has unfinished exterior siding in it and a sand colored carpet. My wife decorated it in fish everything. It looks pretty good, if I do say so myself. I might take the last 20 gallon tank I have and do one more nano in the future.

that I left for you in saltwater discussion abiut weight of aquariums vs refrigerators

Ya i saw it... :) I have NO problem with members correcting me or showing me where I might have mis spoke/typed...

I am loking for an old console TV set to do a TV tank, or an Octogon tank between 20 and 35 gallons as I have room for 1 more tank in my fishroom. Anybody got one of these for sale or trade? Just curious.

If you wanted to take a drive north a bit, some neighbors of mine moved out and left a large console TV in the side yard. I imagine it's free for the taking....

I've only seen it from the road. Looks like it's in decent shape. Rantoul is 90 miles north of Effingham on I-57. It'd be quite a haul, but maybe worth it if you can't find another TV.

Hey aimeovaldi, I think I have a solution for you. Go to your local second hand store (I operate two) and ask them if they could give you a shout the next time they get a non-functional console TV in. If they get as many as my stores do, you should have a fine specimen in no time. If it is not functioning, it is likely garbage to them. You could also consider shops that sell new TV's; quite often they 'take away' peoples old sets to close the deal. Most of these sets are also garbage. Offer them a couple bucks and they will likely be happy they don't have to pay for disposal. Good luck!

One thing is whe you open the tv DO NOT brake the tube glass will fly out you. and there is 1,000 volts per inch on a tv so a 19" tv has 19,000 volts in it. just as a heads up

Back
Top Bottom