My DIY slate cave!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DukeNukem713

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey so a couple weeks back i made a slate cave using GE type 1 silicone. I just got some pics yesterday. Heres the final product. Hope you guys like it!

Cat fish and Ghost knife (hard to see him) enjoying the cave!
CHMn6.jpg

My eel's favorite spot
50Jak.jpg

Full view cave and rest of tank
kcsTY.jpg

View from right side
dhTm9.jpg

Buddha on mound of sand on top of cave
02w31.jpg

Right side view of cave, eel in bottom
D6nUj.jpg

Absolutely fabulous! Congrats on a job well done... I particularly love the little raised planter area... (y)

I was admiring the setup and noticed one small issue. The plant in front of the cave (green with white edges) is not a plant to be grown under water. I had some of these and they lasted about a month before they died and made a mess. Thats when I discovered that they can start in water but the leaves need to extend above the water line. Unfortunately, the lfs's sell these as aquarium plants, but it really should be taken out and put in a pot. That really bites because it DOES look good there.

Yep someone pointed that out to me this week. These photos are days old and I have removed the plant since then. Thanks for looking out for me and for the compliments though!

Wow, this gave me all sorts of sweet ideas. I'm like dieing to get to the hardware store now, too bad I'm dead broke and its a blizard out.

Where'd you get your slate from? I'm planning a revamp using some black slate just want some ideas for cheap places to get it

Back
Top Bottom