Nano Spraybar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As of today I've got all the parts I need. I've even got some extra parts that I won't be needing since I had come up with an alternative solution using T connectors and rubber stoppers. Then I found out that Menards had gotten in the elbows I needed with a recent shipment now that they're switching over to spring/summer products. I'm hoping to have enough time to get everything done tomorrow.

Part List
-----
Flex Pipe
Barbed Elbows
Rubber Stoppers
Spray Bar Suction Cups
-----
Airline Suction Cups
Sweetwater Diffusters

Extras
-----
Barbed T's
Small Rubber Stoppers

When I went to put everything together the barbed elbows ended up being the extra part instead of the barbed t's and smaller rubber stoppers. The pipe simply refused to slip over the ends of the elbows. In the end I don't mind that much as the final product still looks good and is functioning as well as I'd hoped. I've got a lot more flow in the tanks and it is much more evenly spread through out. This should help ensure that nutrients and CO2 make it to all parts of the tank.

So far the cories really seem to like the change and were immediately frolicking in the currents. It's been awhile since I've seen them playing this much.

Here's a picture of the spray bar in my 2.5 gallon before completely filling the tank.

Attachments

• spraybar_224.jpg
    spraybar_224.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 88
I am drilling a 3 gal acrylic tank for dwarf seahorses, using a 1/2 " bulkhead , one for outflow and the other a return with 10 gal sump below obviously for greater water volume. I read sicklids idea of a spraybarand I may use that if what I have doesn`t work well. I am using a 1/2 " strainer covered with a sponge from foster and smith`s air driven sponge filters, that I will have to cut down a bit. For a return pump I am thinking of a 606 mini jet. I just set up a sh fry tank using Dan Underwoods method. both tanks and sumps are setting on an oversized metal aquarium stand that my hubby covered with wood. The spray bar I came up with is from 3 rigid tubes made by Elite from petsmart thats for creating a wall of bubbles . I will cut down one tube and enlarge the holes.I will use one of the thru connectors that fit inside a 1/2" elbow that screws into the bulkead. The kit comes with suction cups. Also I am going to use a black background that really sticks to your tank wall. Its by bluelife water colors and I use these on all my tanks. Just make sure you follow directions and use soapy water on both tank and backing. No water can get between the backing and glass like the paper backgrounds, and no messy painting ..

Back
Top Bottom