Need a good DIY moon light ideas for 75g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phishfriend

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just looking for some ideas for moonlights for 75g. Has anyone done a DIY moon for a 75g? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

5050 blue waterproof strip led with a led controller and a 12v ac adapter thats no more than 2a you can find it all on ebay im doing one myself just waiting for everything to come in the mail ill post a thread up when i get it finished.

If you have any car audio stores in your area (ones that only deal in car audio) check them out. They usually sell led light tubes in different lengths and colors. All you'll need is a ac adapter at 12vdc

If you have any car audio stores in your area (ones that only deal in car audio) check them out. They usually sell led light tubes in different lengths and colors. All you'll need is a ac adapter at 12vdc

I'll check it out! Thanks

Last edited:
Theaters use a colored film on stage lights bought at a party store. I think its just called: stage light film or stage light filters. Cheap as hell yet the blue is very dark under an aquarium light exactly like moon light. I use to get some from this theater i volunteered at to create all types of light effects in the tank. U can mix colors up just by cutting squares of it to fit under the light in different sections. I have a pic of what i did on fb, ill dig it up real quick.

I found it :). Leds are good too but if ur looking for cheap (like under 5$ cheap), its very stunning what you can do with out them.

Attachments

• image-83704712.jpg
    image-83704712.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 160
I did one for my girls 20 gonna do the 55 today ill post a pic for yall if u want ill sent u a link to everything u need from eBay all u gotta do is soder it all together

5050 blue waterproof strip led with a led controller and a 12v ac adapter thats no more than 2a you can find it all on ebay im doing one myself just waiting for everything to come in the mail ill post a thread up when i get it finished.

Hi can you tell me how and what you used to make your 3d background in your tank.

I went to the local auto parts store. It's a little strip of blue LED's, it was bright so I taped 3 and only left 1. It was about 20 bucks.

I have it set on the left on my canopy, it give a spotlight effect like the moon is breaking through the water surface. I don't use it often though.. I can't get into the whole moonlight thing yet but I tried.

I have a little video on my YouTube channel.

LOL, I hear ya Convict. My tank being planted limits the lights to 6 hours. So, for me it's free viewing time. Plus, my 5 yr lil girl really likes it which sells it for me alone.;)

Hi can you tell me how and what you used to make your 3d background in your tank.

There is an article on here I can't remember who did it but Its in the articles section labels diy 3d backgrounds I would post a link but my clipboarx isn't letting me

I went to the local auto parts store. It's a little strip of blue LED's, it was bright so I taped 3 and only left 1. It was about 20 bucks.

I have it set on the left on my canopy, it give a spotlight effect like the moon is breaking through the water surface. I don't use it often though.. I can't get into the whole moonlight thing yet but I tried.

I have a little video on my YouTube channel.

I u take a little steel wool to it, that will diffuse the light. Do a little at a time until you get the effect you want.

Ok. Convict I totally understand how you feel about the moonlights But I did shoot some pics of the different light options and figured I would share them. just for fun. Sorry some are blurry. Probably should have used the tripod

white LED
67720-albums11716-picture53212.jpg

Blue LED
67720-albums11716-picture53211.jpg

Red LED
67720-albums11716-picture53208.jpg

Green LED
67720-albums11716-picture53210.jpg

Purple LED
67720-albums11716-picture53209.jpg

Ok. Convict I totally understand how you feel about the moonlights But I did shoot some pics of the different light options and figured I would share them. just for fun. Sorry some are blurry. Probably should have used the tripod

white LED
67720-albums11716-picture53212.jpg

Blue LED
67720-albums11716-picture53211.jpg

Red LED
67720-albums11716-picture53208.jpg

Green LED
67720-albums11716-picture53210.jpg

Purple LED
67720-albums11716-picture53209.jpg

Now that's awesome!!!

Man I made an awesome video of my 3 diy led moonlight with a dimmers I did for only 30 bucks but apparently YouTube doesn't support my phones video format ::facepalm::

Back
Top Bottom