New DIY Stand 75 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gooyferret

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is the stand im constructing not finished yet. I like to work with wood so im making it nice. A canopy is soon to come.

that looks very nice - I like the victorian circle thingies!

one question? how will you get that rubbermaid out if it springs a leak or you decide you just don't want it in there anymore?

thats a 75 gallon, so probably 48" across?

should he be concerned about saggin in the middle of the front? there's no support on the front length of the tank except for the ends.

just asking.. if that will work I may incorporate the large middle opening in my design.

Looks Great Ferret!

Just to answer your questions the frame inside is constructed of 2x3's. Sagging will not be an issue for the front or back. I have looked at numerous stands made buy all-glass etc and they construct most of theirs using 1x4's which fair weaker in structure standards ( i work at menards exactly like the HD here but bigger). The back is supported by the middle brace as you can see in the pic, the front is supported by 2-2x3's right at the edge of the finished plywood you see in front. Plus all the support from the plywood.

As for the rubbermaid container...The doors are large enough for it to slip right out its only in on the inside of the door braces by about 3 inches each side. So by sliding it inside the stand and pulling it forward it will slip right out! I will get some pics of doing it to explain better.

Back
Top Bottom