New water change setup..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've pushed this hobby even further.. And spent more $$$$$ haha.. I was sick of buckets and python seems too risky for my tap water.. I've picked up some more demanding fish recently and I'm thinking having my tap gassed off to keep ph stable in tanks will be a good thing!

Setup is a 22 gallon brute barrel, 250 gph submersible pump, 6' of Python like tubing (low memory, easy to work with) 50 watt heater, air pump and stone.. All totaled.. $65

image-3556190927.jpg

image-3906768152.jpg

It worked extremely well! Water flow was perfect into the tank! I couldn't be happier:D

Attachments

• image-855739539.jpg
    image-855739539.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 235
Thanks man! The foot pedal power supply is on it's way.. The hose just has a right angle fitting on it to keep the spray on glass as to not mess up substrate.. There is this clip thing I got with a aqueon gravel vac, I think it's meant to clip on a bucket but it works great for this!

Great idea, I've wanted to do something like that for a while. Do you leave the barrel next to the table during the night to gas off or does it always stay there? Or do you use the air pump to gas off faster?

Great idea, I've wanted to do something like that for a while. Do you leave the barrel next to the table during the night to gas off or does it always stay there? Or do you use the air pump to gas off faster?
the barrel has the cover supplied.. I cut out a spot for wires and tubing which also serves as a vent. The barrel stats under the table all the time .. It has a air stone running full time as well as heater.. I have 4 tanks requiring 30 gallons a week... I only run the heater 2 days prior to wc days..

Can you take a close up photo of the Aqueon clip you are using? And where is the best place to buy a submersible pump? What are the reliable brands? Thanks!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'll have to get the pic and info on my specific pump when.i get home later. I got.evrything off amazon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here's the aqueon thinger and the pump I got.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1401965536960.jpg
    1401965536960.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 168
  • 1401965556136.jpg
    1401965556136.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 142
Thanks Brookster!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom