Night lights.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mmclaughlin09

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Want to make my tank glow at night and I know you Are sopposed to use led lights. If the lights I want to use are blue and produce about 800 Lumes will that affect the fish?

800 lumens, are you sure? You must have a big cluster LED lamp for home replacements or something.

The most powerful single led I have is in my tactical rifles sure fire light. Even that single Cree LED "being the brightest compact LED flashlight I have ever seen" Still only produces 200 lumens, and lights up the back yard like a spot light.

It's like 800 lumens rope lights

Attachments

• image-12306055.jpg
    image-12306055.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 161
It is bright. But since it's led shouldn't it be like lunar light or basically no light

Wow that does look good. A bit bright for the sleeping fish though I would have thought!

Mmclaughlin09 said:
It is bright. But since it's led shouldn't it be like lunar light or basically no light

Thats what people say, but when I shine my red led flashlight for camping, the fish really react to it. Swimming to it or running away and hiding.

Perhaps they get use to it. The light in my refuge creates a steady glow behind the tank, Very low. the fish noticed it at first, but have become use to it now and calm down at night.

Your fish are fine! The light will no effect the fish in anyway! I've got a similar setup on my tank. I have a 36in strip of LEDs glued under my light fixture. Check it out. My fish doesn't seem to be bothered what so ever.

image-3320073897.jpg

Back
Top Bottom