non-3D backgrounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zarmalar

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I looked WAY back at the threads for interesting non 3D backgrounds and I found construction paper, garbage bags, paint, and.. that was it.
I had looked into getting a picture I had taken blown up then laminated to put on the back but it would of cost $30 and up. But I'm really cheap. So I really want a cool, fun background for my tank that's non 3D. I'm racking my brain trying to come up with an idea. Any ideas you have?

Spray paint can look cool as long as you remember to layer it in reverse lol
Another 'fun' idea for a background that I've always fancied trying is to paint either a super Mario or sonic underwater level on there :)

Stain glass paint looks neat too. It gives it an interesting texture and still allows the light in.

Spray paint can look cool as long as you remember to layer it in reverse lol
Another 'fun' idea for a background that I've always fancied trying is to paint either a super Mario or sonic underwater level on there :)

If you ever try that Mario or Sonic thing, post some pics.

i had a freind that does decals make this up for my gf's 20long. she has her aprtment decorated in Jack Daniel's only cost me $14 its a miror lettering then a solid black sticker that makes the black background. if i had to do over again i would have pu the white sticker on then painted over it insted of the large sticker. its just an idea for you, just remember you have to work in reverse or mirror.

Attachments

• jack D.jpg
    jack D.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 126
That is fricken sweet! Lol this tank is for my one year old so... The jack background isn't appropriate. Way awesome though

lol yea a year old is a lil young to interduce them to Mr.JD. but its an idea you could use for anything that you mite want to use. maby several diff small cut outs of what ever then black or what ever color background. you could even two tone the background. put your stickers on or not. then paint the lower half a dark blue then let it blend into the upper half then paint that with a lighter blue. come to think about it you could use any color combo. depending on your decor you could use a dark orange over top a black or dark red on the bottom to give a desert feel if the substraght is a light tan. just rambling now good luck

My old tank had the logos of all my favourite beers in a collage. When I started going for a more realistic feel though, that went lol
My one tank I tiled some plywood with a dusty rock style mosaic tile. Looks cool. I'm thinking about doing it watersafe, so I can put it in the tank so algae grows on it. But at 18$ a square foot, I don't know lol It was a left over box from a previous job.

This is what I ended up doing, very kidish but cute!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120104_121901.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120104_121901.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 112
  • ForumRunner_20120104_123509.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120104_123509.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 97
Thanks! And it cost me less then 5 bucks, just some black foam board and .99 cent scrap booking stickers and lettering.

Back
Top Bottom