Not quite so heavy duty tank cabinet build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New pictures are up at the link in the first post.

Door panels cut, door trim cut, shelf cut from left overs, shelf support cut. Just need to put the doors together, put in the shelf support, get a piece for the top, sand, stain and poly coat the whole thing and I'm done.

Doors are on and shelf is in. Just have to make the top and then do the finish.

New Pictures Are Up

Putting the doors together is always the hardest part it seems. These are good size, this is what I wanted door size wise on the big cabinet.

Started it yesterday, using these lighter materials is making it go very fast. Plus having the experience from the other one has made me much more confident so I can move faster. :D

New pictures are up.

Top is cut. Top and inside of doors are stained and have first coat of poly. The cabinet has the first coat of poly as well. Trim for the top is cut just need to put it on after the poly coating is done.

This baby is basically done after I cut and install the bottom shelf.

Yeah, although I did screw up and get some stain on the door trim, have figure out what to do about that. I might have to stain the trim to hide it. On the good side since I had to buy another big piece of Birch plywood I now have enough left over to build yet another, and smaller still, stand. :)

Maybe I'll do that when I get bored next week. :dance:

Yeah, although I did screw up and get some stain on the door trim, have figure out what to do about that. I might have to stain the trim to hide it. On the good side since I had to buy another big piece of Birch plywood I now have enough left over to build yet another, and smaller still, stand. :)

Maybe I'll do that when I get bored next week. :dance:
Looks awesome!!! Want to build me a few and ship them? lol

That much huh? Drats.

Yeah I'm sure it would be super expensive. I have had a couple of requests now for help building tank cabinets so I think I'm going to put together a set of instructions on how to make one of these and post here on the site.

I think I can put it together in a way that will only require the person has a power drill. I'll let you know when I post it.

Back
Top Bottom