Not your average DIY C02...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Billbug68

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay so I've been planning on doing a DIY c02 for my 10 gallon, but I didn't want to have a soda bottle sitting behind my tank... Decided to do something a little different and share it with you guys! I hope you enjoy it, comments and suggestions are welcome. Here's some pics of what I picked up from home depot for the reactor.

I don't think you should shut it off at night. The pressure build up probably blow your gang valve right off of there!

The point of the valve is that there are two separate valves, one will go to the bubble counter and one will go to nothing. At night I close the one that goes to the tank and open the extra one to release pressure.

Billbug68 said:
The point of the valve is that there are two separate valves, one will go to the bubble counter and one will go to nothing. At night I close the one that goes to the tank and open the extra one to release pressure.

Oh sorry I see what you are saying. I guess I wasn't thinking clearly. Just didn't want you to have a blowout.

Personally I think it looks fine. Might blend in better if you painted it a color close to the color of the wall behind your tank. I guess just a personal preference.

Tcal01 said:
Subscribed!!! What did you get exactly to make this setup? I definitely want to try it out :)

Thanks for your interest! :) I got everything at home depot in the plumbing department. It's just some 3" tubing, you can usually buy like a two foot section. Then I just got a cap for the bottom, a sleeve for the top with threads, and the plug to fit in the threads. I'll probably have it up and running tomorrow, still need to build the bubble checker. I hope this makes a difference because my plants are looking a bit sad, if not I guess it's time for a light upgrade...

Back
Top Bottom