Open bottom (Upside down) Aquarium Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheGuppyGirl

Aquarium Advice Activist
The mission: build a glass open bottom aquarium for 1 male Veiltail Betta and 2 Asian Stone Catfish [approximately 3.5 gallons)

Dimensions
Upside down tank:6"x6"x13"
Bottom tank: 10"x10"x6"

Attachments

• IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 391
I used to have this tank, hope you like it!

Attachments

• image-665406101.jpg
    image-665406101.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 7,522
I'm still confused about how this is 'upside down', but it looks cool, and Hara jerdoni is one of my favorite catfish species!

Look it up on Youtube, there are really nice videos which explain the principles behind it. My lights were DIY with CFL bulbs, nothing fancy. I have a couple of old threads on this topic, if you care to look them up ;)

Look it up on Youtube, there are really nice videos which explain the principles behind it. My lights were DIY with CFL bulbs, nothing fancy. I have a couple of old threads on this topic, if you care to look them up ;)

Mind sending a link?

Here it is all sealed up and filled up! Still gotta put the decorative stuff in it... all in good time

Attachments

• IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 266
Added sand as the substrate and put in a little Buddha ornament. Will be putting in more plants tomorrow and I'll post pics. :3

That is so awesome. I've got a few questions. I would like to make something similar for just a betta maybe about 2 or 2-1/2 gallons you wouldn't happen to know the measurements I would need on that and also would it need a filter if so just a small one on the bottom tank work? What else would I need

Also water changes. I would have to do water changes quite often how would you do this. I'm assuming if you remove water from the bottom tank it would lower the level of the top how do you get the water back in

That is so awesome. I've got a few questions. I would like to make something similar for just a betta maybe about 2 or 2-1/2 gallons you wouldn't happen to know the measurements I would need on that and also would it need a filter if so just a small one on the bottom tank work? What else would I need

Also water changes. I would have to do water changes quite often how would you do this. I'm assuming if you remove water from the bottom tank it would lower the level of the top how do you get the water back in

https://sites.google.com/site/thefishtankjoint/diyfishtank

Back
Top Bottom