Overall lighting plan! Comments please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dansemacabre

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, thanks to the help offered by all members in this forum, and especially Electrobes and loganj, I think this is how I can save some money for other items, while not skimping on my light. (I knew from my last post it'd sound like I was trying to skimp on the lights, but I know how important they are, and I'd never do that!) Anywhere, here's the game plan, lemme know what y'all think about it, please! I want comments so I know if it looks good. As a refresher, 120/125gal tank, 72"Lx18"deep ... probably around 14" deep after DSB. I want to eventually keep clams, and perhaps SPS in the future, but for now only some fish and soft+LPS corals.

72" polished aluminum reflector, w/ 3 mogul sockets mounted, and 8 PC clips mounted, from hellolights, for approx. $130.00

3x250w Electronic Vue MH ballasts from captiveraisedcorals, 3($105) = approx. $315

2 Fullham Workhorse 7s to power my 4x96w PCs, 2($36) at reefgeek, approx $72

4 Actinic PC bulbs from ahsupply, 4($37) = approx. $148

3 250w 10,000K MH bulbs from captiveraisedcorals... 3($52) = approx. $156

Subtotal: $821
Whatever I'm missing (PC endcaps, wiring, bulbs): +/- $75
Total: about $900 ... prior estimated costs: $1100

That's the plan for now, once I get to the actual wiring portion, I'm probably gonna be back asking about endcaps and fun stuff like that. I'm going to get the reflector, build the canopy, and mount only the PC bulbs in it at first, then get my LR, let the cycle begin, while I save for the MH stuff. Thanks for comments/ideas, and they are welcome!

4 Actinic PC bulbs from ahsupply, 4($37) = approx. $148

I dont like ahsupplys bulbs. I just got some bulbs from loganj or you could look at hellolights.com

Back
Top Bottom