Overflow pipe and sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toon.inc

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyone got any diagrams or layout for an overflow pipe into a dump. It's for a four foot tank

Go to YouTube and search DIY fish keepers. I saw a video last night that showed how to make a PVC one that hung on the back and a bunch of videos on how to drill a tank and add a overflow and many others.

Here is a link to the PVC one.

Hi I made my over flow box on my 55 gal. Tank here is what it looks like . Hope it helps out & I made my over flow pipe . Sorry no photo of it but I used 1 1/4 pipe it was has 2 45 and 1 90 for my mag 9.5

image-1806033086.jpg

I've made the Pvc overflow before, they work fine but can be loud at times. it's just easier to buy a small ehopps. they are dirt cheap and work 100% (from my experience).
I'm all about the DIY, don't get me wrong, I make all my pvc plumbing, diy lighting, diy plants, diy stands, etc...
but some things it's just easier and looks cleaner to buy the product. when I had my pvc overflow it was just a HUGE eyesore. i'm all about the esthetics so I had to get rid of it.

Mine is hidden be hind a wall so you will never see it that end is blacked out . It drops right in to my fuge 4" sock and it hardly make any sound . My mag 9.5 is louder than the over flow

Yep ended up not doing a sump got a bub on the way and thought it would be safer just to go with another canister filter

Back
Top Bottom