Painting Tank Background Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake337

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys,

I need some advice on what type of paint that is safe/useful to use to paint the back of my tank. I'm thinking about getting a dark blue paint but not sure what kind of paint.

Is the tank full with water or is it empty?
If it's empty that'll help you out with painting the tank. Since tanks are painted on the outside the type of paint is not a huge issue. I like the Rust-Oleum spray paint because it doesn't scratch off easily by accident but I can still take it off with a razor blade if I want to repaint it down the road.

Hey guys,

I need some advice on what type of paint that is safe/useful to use to paint the back of my tank. I'm thinking about getting a dark blue paint but not sure what kind of paint.

I used dulux striking cyan it works brilliant I rolled it on with a foam roller and it comes up really nice make sure you clean the glass and make it complely grease free or it won't work properly!! It's a really reflective blue I used it to paint one of my walls and had some left over ! ;)

I went to the dollar store and got acrylic paint and a 1 dollar roller.

I like this method the best because it peals if very easy so if I ever wanted to change it, it would only take like 5 minutes

And having a gloss paint really doesn't matter much, as its on the out side the glass always makes it shiny.

Attachments

• image-2418730974.jpg
    image-2418730974.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 141
So the dollar store sells acrylic paint?

Yup I did my background for 3 dollars total and they have every color under the rainbow.

Back
Top Bottom