Partial DIY Python

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GEOlson

Aquarium Advice Regular
So far I have a working Python, it just doesn't work exactly as I want it to. I bought the faucet attachment (Aqueon brand), then bought 40' of 3/4" OD (5/8" ID) tube. The biggest gravel vac I could find was for a 1/2" ID (5/8" OD) tube. So far the best way I could fine to connect the two ends was with two fittings. The 1/2" ID is a barb to a 3/4" thread (like a male garden hose) and the only 5/8" ID fitting I could find is a 5/8" barb with a right angle and a male 3/4" thread. To connect the two I used a 3/4" female - 3/4" female connector. So far that works, but I cannot kink or pinch the end of the hose while the faucet is still running because the pressure will break the connection at the barbs.

There are two solutions I was wondering if anyone had ideas about.

Solution 1: make a larger hole in the gravel vac top for a 3/4" OD tube to fit on to. Perhaps aquarium sealant to glue the connector on and the tube can connect via barb.

Solution 2: if anyone knows a a compression connector to go tom 1/2" ID to 5/8" ID. This solution would allow me to place a shut-off valve in the connectors, which without having the tubes screwed into place will force the tube to come apart and send water everywhere (as mentioned above).

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom