Planning on making a Weir

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toothpik

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, Im planning on making a weir for my 10gallon tank to give water to my sump(also a 10 gallon but its still in progress) but im wondering if i give it a U shape chamber how do i make the water go over the wall of the inner chamber that is actually inside the tank. Im very confused help is much appreciated

but the thing is it didnt answer my question about how to make the water go over the wall and into the pipe down into the sump

Typically a sipon tube is used to move the water from the internal box to the external box, where it can then be gravity fed to a sump below.

but the thing is it didnt answer my question about how to make the water go over the wall and into the pipe down into the sump
Its kinda like siphoning gas from a car. take your hose and start sucking to get the air out being carefull not to get gas in your mouth. With the overflow u-tube you stick airline tubing in it and suck the air out being carefull not to get saltwater in your mouth, However it does taste better than gasoline still unpleasent. LOL

Back
Top Bottom