plastic trim replacement?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 40 gallon high tank and i am looking to replace the plastic along the bottom and possibly the top. The current plastic is cracked and I like to set this tank up to breed some Kribs. Any online places that sell this trim?
All I need to do is silicone it on right?

When I was looking into the replacement plastic I came up pretty empty as far as online. My LFS can order them though so you might try your local fish store. :)

I called my favorite fish store and they told me that the aquarium companies refuse to sell them the trim separate from the tank. The man I talked to said that when the trim starts to break it is a good sign the tank needs to be retired. Should I order one from the glass-cages.com they have one that is 12.5*36 inches and my tank is 12.25*36 inches? Or should I get a new tank? Anyone know when the $1 per gallon sell will be at PETCO?

I just went thru this looking for trim for 2 different tanks. a 72x18 top and bottom and a 48x24 top and bottom. had to call aga. I have 3 different 125s all long but all different sizes from different companies. (anywhere from .5 to an 1" difference measuring just the glass, so i didnt want to order trim from glass cages. aga said they dont sell directly. gave me the product numbers, asked a store to get a price it was rediculous. the 120 top and bottom was 56.35 each and the 125 was 77.76 each. So currently working the trim off slowly to reuse. was just going to cut them off but not anymore.

Back
Top Bottom