ponish filter mark 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman0000

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello I have something I would like to show off :) my newly built canister filter design called the ponish filter. the Design is similar to that of a sand pool filter and actually uses sand that's designed for that kind of filter,along with other filter medium. since I've been testing it is offered remarkable efficiency. I constructed it on a budget of $26 that I was able to stay in. here below is the video if you like to check it out

Ponish filter mark 2.0 - YouTube

PS I was wondering if anybody can help me figure out why the pump head that I used in this filter makes a strange grinding noise like there's air inside of it. i checked all my seals and they are good. the output of the filter does not contain air. i wondering if anybody knew how to stop this because it is quite noisy thank you

Brilliant!!! I think out of all the DYI threads I have seen this is best. I was wondering if instead of pool sand, could someone use sponges and place the intake tube down to the bottom of the filter and run the water up. Maybe using a mesh screen cut to the size of the bottom of the filter and using is like a canister filter where the water would run up through media. Great job. I'm sure people will be using your idea.

:)

yes it could there is tons of room in that container and I was actually thinking in the future of doing exactly that. if you would like to know any more about it please let me know I would be more than happy to assist you :fish2:

Back
Top Bottom