"Quicky question" This is driving me nuts (IN-TANK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hannibal_lector

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ive been googling and searching the forums all over for just the simple requirments for an IN-TANK overflow...not an out of tank one. All the results I get are for these ugly hang on tank things that are too elaborate when I already know I can just partition off some of the tank and stick a standpipe in it (which will look cleaner anyway)

I know I need black acrylic and bonding glue, but I don't know how large to make it for my 55gal tank to empty into a 20-30gal sump? I'm assuming that the best looking design would be the 3 piece flat edged, "triangle with edge flattened" one?

Thats all I need, and maybe a reccomendation of where to get black acrylic locally instead of waiting for delivery :)

thanks

Ok I just read that acryilic--->glass isnt good because silicone doesn't grip the plastic that well...

So where can I get a COLORED piece of glass to use?

I may be wrong, but usually the concern with acrylic bonding to glass is the structural integrity of the setup. That may not be as important if you are just partitioning off a small portion for an overflow. I have read/seen designs that use acrylic partitions in a glass sump.

there are people that use the really thick weldon to bond acrylic and glass when it the application doesnt call for holding the water back very well.. I think its weldon 20

Back
Top Bottom