Rapid Leds only light up when I touch heatsink...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterNuB

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Last night I finished wiring my leds. Its a biocube 8 kit. I was given the fixture with the kit in place. I replaced the potentiometer and rewired the leds. Now the leds only light up very little and its only when I touch the heatsink. The leds are lit up the whole time theyre plugged in, but supper dim. Then they get a little brighter when I touch the board. Ive read that it may be a short. Thoughts from anyone else....

You definitely have a short somewhere, or a bad potentiometer. Kind of like christmas lights, you will have to go back and work each one over again to find the problem.

You definitely have a short somewhere, or a bad potentiometer. Kind of like christmas lights, you will have to go back and work each one over again to find the problem.

Ok I will go back over each wire and solder point. There is 1 wire that I didnt change out. The pot is brand new. Just received it yesterday. All leds flash 1x when I power off. Ive heard this is normal...

Thanks, the motivation is back. I need to out the fixture back together and mount it over my 40g breeder.

Back
Top Bottom