Reactor build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryan87500

Aquarium Advice Freak
I decided to try and build a standard co2 reactor since I am not happy with the way the cerger reactor turned out.

Here is my plans let me know if you think something should be changed before I start to glue.

Overall I am thinking of making this about 18".

From the top down.

1 1/2 to 3/4 bushing
2 inch male to 1 1/2 female slip
2 inch slip go 2 inch female
Sewage clean out out T all sides slips.
Right side is a 2 inch to 3/4 bushing
Empty space will be 2 inch pipe
2 inch coupler
2 inch to 3/4 bushing.

The co2 will come in from the right side. I picked a sewage clean out trap that had a small angle thinking it would force the co2 up towards the water flow and help dissolve more.
I am not 100% on that logic though.

He reason for all the joints on top is I will be able to inscrew the top if I need to service the reactor ever.

Thoughts?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418078071.716550.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I missed something...which joints are threaded (for unscrewing)?
The clean out direction makes sense. Less likely for any CO2 gas to get trapped in that recess on the right side.

Here are the top three parts. The third one will be glued to the top of the T. And part 1 and 2 are glued. So I am left with the third piece and second and first being detachable.

Not sure if the cleanout T is better or worse than a standard one.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418081031.569085.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418081045.602902.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418081055.745341.jpg

T up top ryan, more contact time that way..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1418081134709.jpg
    1418081134709.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 59
T up top ryan, more contact time that way..

Correct I was going to follow yours just used a cleanout T instead of a standard. And my top will be removable.

Yep, my bad, just worked 12hrs.. I'm delirious..

Haha no worries. Had me scratching my head.

What do you think of the angled T? Not sure if it helps but hopefully it doesn't hurt.

Same one I used for the same reason my friend! My bubbles be rolling son!!

Nice.

Next on my list is a diy spraybar. Need to start looking into parts for that! Was thinking of just using left over flexible tubing.

Then if I can't get by BGA under control I am going to burn the tank and take up bird watching.

I made one, it's sitting in my cabinet nit being used.. 8 l never use it.. just had to make it.. no extra spray bars in birdwatching.m

Part of me wants to make it just to make it. But my fluval is really creating a strong circular current on top so thought it might be a good candidate for one.

I Probably need to cut this thing in half but here is my redesign. I wanted to add a shut off valve on the output side and bring the connection higher because I already have tubing in place that wouldn't be long enough to reach the bottom.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418937103.902974.jpg

Back
Top Bottom