reverse ugf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ski7895

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a ehiem canister filter. Can you split the output and run it to the uplift tubes of an ugf.

Depending on which Eheim you have, probably. I tend to agree with Roger though...why? If you have an appropriately sized canister for your tank, you don't need the UGF. If you are going to continue using the UGF, I'd invest in a couple of small powerheads to run it.

I am going to try and build a 3d background for my aquarium and was going to hide the uplift tubes in the foam and the run the output of the filter to the uplift tubes.
The inlet ports will be cut into the foam and then plastic window screen neeting will go over that so fishes dont get in the back of the background.

Like the one on this web site http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/46g_construct.htm
If I just left the back open,except with a few braces and then stuck the inlet port in the middle of the 2 inlets I cut in the foam will that pull the dirty water from the tank into the back to do any good.

Let me know if there is any problems with this

My thoughts are still that if you have enough canister, you don't need the UGF. Whether it will work out or not depends on the flow from the canister...you don't want to stall it out. Maybe run an external pump such as a small Mag Drive to run the UGF?

Back
Top Bottom