ro/di water storage tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jerejohnson

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey all i was wondering if anyone had plans for a diy water storage tank for ro/di water. i know you can use rubbermaid bins and what not but i am wondering how you get the ro/di water to shutoff. if anyone has plans for something like that it would really help. thanks

I just finished mine about a month ago. I just used a new thirty some gal trash can with a lid. I installed two bulkhead fittings, one near the bottom with a ball valve and pvc fittings to use as a spigot , and the other for the DI water to come in. I also used a float valve to automatically shut of the water when the level gets where I want it.

I also built a small stand out of some scrap 2x4s to keep this storage container elevated above the height of a 5 gal bucket. Whenever I need DI water I just open the valve and fill up my buckets.

I also drilled a very small hole through the lid pushed an air hose through it, connected an air stone to it, and weighted it down. This keeps the water moving and airerated/oxygenated.

I LOVE IT! You can find float valves real cheap at www.usplastics.com
Her is their valves
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/ca...e=USPlastic&category_name=Float+Valves&Page=1

Back
Top Bottom