Rock Carpet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_4_all

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is a modification of the DIY caves with a little twist.

Take a piece of plastic canvas from the craft store and silicone the rocks to the canvas. This allows the "carpet" to be formed into any shape you want. Simply cut the plastic canvas into the shape you want and then add the rocks for custom patterns.

I haven't done it yet but will submit pictures when I do.

that's a pretty interesting idea! I would be sure to use a black or brown piece of plastic canvas to it doesn't stick out underneath the rocks...

Very interesting idea. This would allow us to create rolling hills and an uneven ground that the fish will not be able to destroy on us. Thanks for that good idea. I'll give it a try after I finish making my PCV caves.

I have tried small river rocks, epoxy gravel and river run gravel with mixed results now. The river rock works ok but leaves gaps that are hard to fill. The river run gravel on the other hand worked really well but we a real mess. What I started to do is to run a bead of silicone in the plastic canvas and then run a putty knife over it to smooth it out. Then I put the gravel in place the best i can. It has worked best to place the smallest of the large rock and use the river graver to fill in where you can. Using a green or gray canvas would definately help. The epozy gravel, though pretty doesn't hold to the silicone after the epoxy starts to come of. Use this method to coat the plastic canvas and do a couple different ones and you never have to worry about your PVC caves and possible algae cleaning later. Just switch them out and clean them.

Back
Top Bottom