Sandblasting a fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Disastroues

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Had put this thread in another section, think it is more appropriate here.

Has anyone out there ever sandblasted the back piece of glass on a fish tank? I know there is the option of painting it but I don't want just paint I'm looking to do something more unique. I'm aware that the glass used for fish tanks is tempered I'm just wondering if sandblasting it to give it a frosted look would weaken the glass in any way. I haven't gotten the tank yet this is a future set up that I was planning for after I move. Thanks in advance for any information or tips.
J

I dont know if you can sand blast it but if you are looking for a frosted look there is frosted window tint at home depot that has worked for some people.

I dont know if you can sand blast it but if you are looking for a frosted look there is frosted window tint at home depot that has worked for some people.
AquaShark is correct it comes in a spray can to give windows a frosted look works very well. Sand blasting could crack the glass.

Back
Top Bottom