Silicon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Magma

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I went to home depot today to find some silicon to reseal my tank with and I only found a few that were in black colour.

I picked up a GE Silicon II, and now I have been searching online and some people say no dont use it it has "bioseal" and others say its fine...

The tube says 100% Silicon and it never once says BioSeal or mold/mildew resistance so is it good to use or not?

(blue and white tube that says Windows & Door)

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/...l&recN=118411 4294966149&N=0&Ntk=P_PartNumber

I think they've changed I and II around at some point. 100% pure silicone for windows and doors is what you want. You dont want the kitchen and bath stuff that has the mildew and mold inhibitors. I have used the exact same on a tank before.

so the black GE II Silicone for Windows and Doors is what I want then...(check link in previous post)

it looks good from here. just make sure it doesnt say mold or mildew resistant or has that bio-seal label on it anywhere. read all the fine print too.

im going to use it, worse comes to worse I have to rip apart the tank to reseal it anyways so whatever, I have read so many different things on this that im just gonna do it :D

Thats the same stuff I used. I meant that in my first post, guess I said it wrong. I think you'll be fine. If it means anything, I've seen people post that they used the silicone with mildew/mold inhibitors and had no issues (though I wouldn't suggest doing so intentionally) .

Back
Top Bottom