Skilter Question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I ran into a guy who gave me his Skilter 400 and I heard you can add more bubbles to the skimmer part..Is there a link on how to modify these or can anyone tell me how to go about it.. I was thinking of using it on a small tank just for the heck of it. Thanks in advance..

i have had one of these since 95, it's not the best protein skimmer i have ever used.. but it's not bad for special applications. where you need a mechanical/chemical filter, but have very limited space, and these things make one hell of a racket too. during tank cleaning i got tired of the stock air restrictor falling off every 2mins or getting clogged, and replaced it with better one,like this one:
http://www.thatpetplace.com/MainPro/itemdy00.aspx?T1=F03+0460+0043

i did try playing with it's airflow, hooking up a small air pump to the air intake, then fine adjusting the incoming air, however after i got it working.. the bubble production was maybe 15-20% more, and noise it made grew too. in my opinion it's not really worth the effort, the protein output was hardly even effected. stock works fine, as i said it's not a the greatest protein skimmer, so don't expect great results from it, plus protein output is dependent on animal load so increasing the air intake a little will make only a slight change, in any.

hey man thanks.. Just thought I'd ask..I have better skimmers in my closet..just thought I ask about its capabilities..besides its free..couldn't look a gift horse in the mouth..As for noise...I heard about that...Guess I'll just store it like i do with all the inferior stuff..lol

Thank alot Just.. Kinda figured thats how it was done..but just wasn't sure.

Back
Top Bottom