Skimmer Q for DIY'ers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PatM

Aquarium Advice Freak
Built a DIY skimmer and it was working great. It is in my sump, you can view in my post in DIY awhile back. Suddenly this thing is skimming so hard and fast that it's pretty much just taking water straight out. I can't see how it's pushing straight water up and out over two inches. Any suggestions? I haven't made any real changes to this thing and I just can't figure it out. Should I just raise the height at which it "foams over" to the collection cup?
TIA

Thanks for all the help...Not! JK. Anyway I raised the collection cup up about an inch and all is working well again. Phew! I guess I'm just answering myself here huh? :lol:

had you made any changes to your water at all? water change, add an addative of any sort? Something along those lines could have caused the water to react differently in your skimmer. I've heard stories of someone accidently putting FW dechlorinator in the SW topoff water and it was nearly like adding soap to their skimmer.

Not a thing, thats why it seems so strange. Oh well, like I said I raised the collection cup and it seems to be fine. Hmmmm.

Back
Top Bottom