Sponge filter in substrate Hide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Won a 4 foot tall wine glass as a fish tank and wanted to hide the sponge filter but also be able to remove it and rinse it out as needed.

See side build here
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f70/4-tall-wine-glass-tank-won-new-build-364997.html

Set up the stones and liked it except there wasn't a place for the sponge filter I had forgotten.

60074-albums14728-picture71787.jpg

The plastic in the container is very stiff yet flexible. Used a box knife for the bottom cut because it was thicker and used a scissor for the top cut.

60074-albums14728-picture71788.jpg

Then removed substrate and fit in the container part as the space holder.

60074-albums14728-picture71789.jpg

Now I can just lift it up and out for a rinse and slide it back in quickly.

Circulation seems to work fine as the tank was very cloudy the day I set it up and the next day nice and crystal clear.

Initially wanted to keep the bottom of the container intact but because of the curve of the glass could not. I would have drilled a few holes in the bottom.

60074-albums14728-picture71793.jpg

60074-albums14728-picture71801.jpg

Last edited:
It is glass made in Poland.

edit: add comment
I found out that it came from Costco in the holiday gifts and decor aka Christmas stuff, maybe keep an eye open for the coming season. $79.99 from the comments I read. Just the size wine glass for an ice bucket/wedding center pieces are going for $60.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom