Stands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbjfan75

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just built this stand for my daughters 10g tank. Think the pattern will work for a 29g with a couple center braces? IMG_2110.jpg

The stand itself looks great but seeing how narrow it is I would be concerned about being top heavy especially sitting on a rug , I get safety conscious when I see its for kids .
looking at a 10g tank I have it don't look that narrow so I'm thinking it's just the angle the pict was taken optical illusion(y)
I would still be a little weary of the rug especially how close the stand sits to the edge.

The stand itself looks great but seeing how narrow it is I would be concerned about being top heavy especially sitting on a rug , I get safety conscious when I see its for kids .
looking at a 10g tank I have it don't look that narrow so I'm thinking it's just the angle the pict was taken optical illusion(y)
I would still be a little weary of the rug especially how close the stand sits to the edge.

Not it's final resting place.

I would add some 2x3s or 2x4s in the corners so that they are carrying the weight of the tank instead of relying on the screws.

that pict angle gives a true view you can see it's wider the other pict was a optical illusion , the black came out nice on the stand , moving along next comes the fun stuff I always loved setting up tanks the fun is in the decorating

that pict angle gives a true view you can see it's wider the other pict was a optical illusion , the black came out nice on the stand , moving along next comes the fun stuff I always loved setting up tanks the fun is in the decorating

The first is for a 10g, the black one is a 29g

@cbjfan75 I have been looking at designs today getting ready to build a stand for my 29gal. How tall is your stand? Any pics of it with the tank on top? How are you liking it so far?

Here are pics of it with the tank on. I really like it. I believe I built it to 22" high.IMG_2298.jpgIMG_2299.jpgIMG_2221.jpgIMG_2222.jpg

Looks really nice. How do you think it would hold up if it was around 30" high? I'm 6' 1" and might benefit from a little extra hight. At the same time I don't want it be too top heavy. Will be attempting the build this afternoon.

Looks really nice. How do you think it would hold up if it was around 30" high? I'm 6' 1" and might benefit from a little extra hight. At the same time I don't want it be too top heavy. Will be attempting the build this afternoon.

Carpeted floor I don't see it being much of an issue

Sounds good to me. It will be on a carpeted floor unfortunately. Wish I had wood or a concrete floor

Got a good bit accomplished on the stand today. Just got to paint it black and I think I'm going to leave it like that. No need to fancy it up yet hahaIMG_20170514_210106819.jpgIMG_20170514_210004662.jpg

@cbjfan75 Thank you finally got some black paint on it and the tank is now up and cycling ☺

@Sharmon Thank you ?

Back
Top Bottom