Started the canopy for my 120

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I knew it was a Nikon. I shoot with the D-100 or a Sony...depends on how lazy it get.
Nikon makes some good stuff. I bought it with the change I had saved when my 1st Daughter was born because I was missing to many shots with the sony cybershot my wife gave me for x-mas. The sony seemed like it needed to contemplate life before it actually took the shot.

My D-100 is great but it weights a ton. I use my Sony Mavica that I keep near the tank to get those once in a life time shots. For an old camera it takes excellent pictures.

for those really good close up shots you need to get a macro.
do they make a fish eye lense with macro? that might get some interesting shots.
Macro/Fisheye, Not a bad idea, if it does exist it must cost a fortune.

I found that if you pan with the fish you get a very clear shot.

Update on Canopy build

Updated pics on the progress of the 120 Canopy Build. It's about 95% completed, the wood shrank a little letting some light through. Hope you like it. I don't think it looks like a coffin anymore.

Canopy1.jpgCanopy Tank.jpgCanopy Side.jpg

Looks great!! I am thinking about making a stand and canopy for my 90.

BTW: Good choice on cameras too. I have a Nikon D300, D60 and N90s 35mm, plus a ton of lenses. Great cameras.

Thanks, Nikon makes some nice stuff. I need to a macro lens so i can get good shots of the first fish that go in.

Thanks Guys. I'm not a carpenter (I try to be LOL!!:), I'm a Fire Alarm new construction installation Foreman, CET an am a 23 year member of Local #3 electrical union.

I just noticed the box of salt next to the tank. I have 1 of those boxes too. My LFS had it on sale for $35. :)

I just noticed the box of salt next to the tank. I have 1 of those boxes too. My LFS had it on sale for $35. :)
I got mine @ Dr Foster & Smith, I wound up with 2 boxes for 44 bucks. The first box was broken open upon delivery with 1 bag punctured so i called to let them know and see if they could just replace the 1 bag they turned around and sent me another box. I like them, they are no nonsense and take care of their customers. Boy did that make me happy, especially after all of the money invested in this tank to date.:D
35 bucks is a great price, up here the LFS's charge an arm and a leg.

Back
Top Bottom