Starting a CO2 Reactor...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RRP1501

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm setting up a DIY CO2 reactor for my 55 gallon aquarium because I have taken all my plastic out and have nothing but real plants in it now. Everything I've read and seen on youtube is that I need 4 bottles for my reactor and 1 for my seperator. The big question(s) are what do I put in them. Everybody seems to have a different recipe. I'm planning on 2 cups of sugar, 1 Tbsp of yeast, 1 Tsp of Baking Soda and warm water in each bottle of the reactor. I'll have a glass Diffuser in my tank near the intake of my filter to help disperse the bubbles.
At least that's what I'm guessing on for what I've seen and read so far. I hope that I'll get some good input on the system I'm building. Thanks for taking your time to read this!:fish2:

I put a similar post up the other day. I want to put Diy co2 in my 55 as well. I would say that your recipe seems a bit off to me. For my 20 gal I use 1/8 tsp yeast, 1/4 baking soda, 2 cups sugar. Now I realize that there is some room for variance in these recipes, but I think you would either just waste yeast or it would eat the sugar too quickly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Diy on anything more than a 20 gal tank is going to be a crap shoot. Only thing worse than no co2 is constantl fluctuations in co2 levels. You'd be best to get a pressurized system. Now I'm not saying a yeast generator will not work.. just not ideal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom