Sump pvc plumbing glue question...!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CichlidWrangler

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ok i put together a diy sump.

its a ten gallon tank with a 4 gal squarebucket filler with bio balls and sponges. above those in a round 2 gallon bucket with a sponge for machanical filtration, the bottom of that bucket is riddles with holes to rain the water over the bio balls etc...

my question...

everything works fine.

i have an over flow box and i plumbed its out put to the sump with some pvc pipe... after i ran it over night i unassembled my pvc which was hand tight but didnt leak and glued the pvc tubes and elbows together and it has been curing for over 24 hrs now. my concern is that i can still smell the pvc sealer and i dont want to poison my fish. should i have used a particular pvc sealer or do i just need to give it more time to cure? i rinsed it out but i can still smell the stuff.

talk to me!

(the tank is only a 45 with 8 african cichlids with at least 100lbs of lace rock, but this is my first sump setup, i got a 75 gallon that i am in the process of setting up soon. I am also wanting to do a sump in my turtle tank soon when i make a diy overflow that works...)

Back
Top Bottom