tank background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like my tank w/o any back ground. The ony thing is you can see the wires and the equipment hanging on the back. I'm considering getting a piece of thin cardboard, painting it the same color as my wall (same paint) and attaching it to the back of my tank (outside of caurse).

I just cut a piece of black plastic lawn/leaf trash bag to the right size, and it sticks to the outside of the tank all by itself! Works great for camoflaging the black hoses and heater too.

could do one of these if so inclined...

img_864707_0_a9babe7cf47f58058d618384b2c2d839.jpg

my other 125g is painted black, and my 20 has black aquarium backround taped on.

You can purchase thin acrylic from a hardware store (shouldn't cost more than $5) and paint either side whatever color you see fit and affix to back glass (outside of course). This would be easy to remove, clean, or just switch colors if you are bored.

Now THAT is a great idea!!

to make a 3d insert, I've heard of people getting big blocks of styrofoam, and then carving away at it to look like rocks and what not, and then molding chicken wire around the shapes and contours. then finally they apply cement over it to make the rocks hard and for it to sink. sometimes they stick real rocks i nthe wet cement to help for the natural look. you can also take a bunch of regular rocks and cement them together to make a really cool, actual rock back ground.

Back
Top Bottom