tank build thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccCapt

SW 20 & Over Club
I picked up my 125RR before Christmas and have slowly started the build and upgrade from my current 75g reef to the 125. I've taken quite a few pics of the progress so far, but all I really have done is the stand is built. The sump is going to be a 55g that I'm drilling and it will be in the basement directly below the tank. I have most of the plumbing parts and pump, but until I move the 75 I can't do much with it. The 125 is going in the same spot as the 125.
I would like to know what most of you would like to see. The complete finished build thread or pics as I go. I figure I should be all done in about month.

I think it would be neat to see the work in progress.
So, the plumbing for the sump is going through the floor? That's got to be some pump - the return water has to pumped up, what - 12 feet or so?

OK I'll start the thread later today. The sump is a regular 55g tank that is going to be drilled with 2 1" bulkheads for the overflows from the tank and 1 1" bulhead for the return. The pump is a Gen-X PCX40 pressure rated at about 1200 gph at 4' head. I'm going straight up (no elbows) from the basement to the tank which will be about 8' total. I hope the pump will be enough.

Thought about the FW top-off yet? I was able to fit a 37g tank under my stand with a JBJ auto top-off system. The 37g lasts almost 2 weeks. Of course, that's with 3x150 MH and 4x96 PCs (actinic) in a hood, so I'm evapping more I'm sure.

I vote for "as yoou go" also.

I vote both. Let's see it as it happens and then a new post when you are done showing the entire sequence. We are all phot junkies here.

Have you thougt of using the 55 as fuge and using a large Brute water tub (75-100 gal) as your sump? If you have the room in the basement that is.

That would be my ideal (next house).

@austinsdad: Yes, I do have plans for a ATO.

@cmor: The 55 will be divided into 3 sections. Skimmer, fuge and return area with drilled bulkhead.

I started my build thread here.

Back
Top Bottom