Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-01-2020, 06:41 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Tank Help

Hi I recently set up (in the past few months) a 29 gallon tank. Right now itís stocked with 1 F opaline gourami, 1 F gold gourami, and a bristlenose pleco. Is there any fish I could add, or am I filled up? I was potentially thinking a few Cory cats, or swordtails, but I am unsure as I am VERY much an amateur!

Old 09-02-2020, 02:05 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

I suggest the Corydora but do research on them because some think they are cleanup fish. i personally have had a few Emerald Corydora that are very hardy. I feed them a few pellets that are specifically made for Corydora and other bottom dwelling fish.

Old 09-02-2020, 01:18 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thank you, I will research more on them. Would my 29 gallon be overstocked with 2 three spot gourami, a pleco, and 4 Cory cats? Or would I be fine?
Old 09-03-2020, 12:06 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

If the Pleco is a common Pleco I would say yes because they produce lots of waste. The bioload will increase as the fish grow. I recommend a 50% weekly water change and you should be fine.

Tags
tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com