The Acclinator (my ultimate acclimation solution) *PICS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello everyone, I am proud of this little invention so I thought I would post it on here. I got two acros from www.reefermadness.us today and apparently I qualified for a promotion and they sent me 4 nice acro frags and 1 bali aquacultured acro for free. Needless to say I got some major dripping to do! So here is my solution. I call it the "Acclinator"
1.) drip line secured in tank with an old mag float
2.) 4 way air line valve
3.) 4 drip lines that work at their own custom rates attached to the 4 way.

Its making its maiden acclimation right now and all appears to be going perfectly. I can now acclimate multiple bags while they float in the sump and don't have to worry about the lines coming to the surface and breaking suction. Also I can turn off as many of the lines as I want for acclimating less than 4 bags. So now im off to work, i'll drop the corals in the tank in about 5 hours when I get home and post some pics in New Aquistions.

Attachments

• acclinator1.jpg
    acclinator1.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 296
  • acclinator2.jpg
    acclinator2.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 313
  • acclinator3.jpg
    acclinator3.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 278
We should sell them on ebay but not tell anyone what they are!
Seriously though I just went home to check after about three hours of dripping and its going great. I get off work in an hour and a half and i'll drop em right in.

Well it made it through the maiden voyage. The corals got a good long drip and I splashed them about two hours ago. I will take some pics in the morning.

That's a neat and very cheap drip acclimation idea. Well done. You've got me thinking too now. I've been seeking an inexpensive drip acclimation system for some time.

Nicely done!!! I thought of something like that but never messed with it...I think I will copy your design!! Thanks for sharing and those are some awesome looking frags!

lol.. this thread was up top in DIY when I first joined 8O
And I remember that 8O

maybe it will hit ebay some day soon? J/K

GL aclimating :)

that is a really good idea!! you could even hook a small, very small pump like for a desktop fountain to it and have a small rain effect constaly going in your tank lol

Back
Top Bottom