The long awaited revival of the fishroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Removed and put in moist peat moss
Also bought a couple more pars of killies from Aquabid today!

What types? I'm getting another female gardneri from an eBay seller later this week, she carries a nice variety.

What type of setup do you have them in for spawning?

Fundulopanchax gardneri Misaje
And
Gardneri Jos Plateau.
5 gallon tanks. With a spawning mop on the bottom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think it's better to float the mop or have it on the bottom?

I have one on the bottom and two floating. I have temporarily stopped attempting to breed them, because I want to grow them out a little more. I think they may be on the young side still.

a smallish update

1. The semiannual auction that I attended is on the 19th, and as always I'll spend more then I should, but It'll be fun!! So look for pictures/updates on the 19th or 20th. The thing that has me swinging back and forth about buying tons of stuff is this stupid move. It's looking like we may be moving around the 19th :banghead: which could result in buying a whole bunch of fish, getting them acclimated, and three days later moving.
I know I should't be complaining, because I don't have a say in this, but more then all the work its the fish that I'm most concerned about.

bad news:

one of my aph. Australe orange females died. Now I'm left with 1 male and 3 females, but one more female has some fungus looking growth on her... hopefully the rest make it, already dosing will anti-fungal meds.
params are 0-0-15

Unforunately this another death in a long line of bad luck for me, which started with the yellow lab tank crash, and then the RCS tank, which must have gotten a bacterial infection, and killed over 70% of the tank.

Think they are related or coincidence? I have separate nets algae scrubbers and siphons to keep from cross contaminating tanks. Just in case something pops up in one or my qt I don't accidentally spread it. Just a thought. That sucks about the australe.

Think they are related or coincidence? I have separate nets algae scrubbers and siphons to keep from cross contaminating tanks. Just in case something pops up in one or my qt I don't accidentally spread it. Just a thought. That sucks about the australe.

I do the same thing, separate nets for all tanks. only net that is shared is the brine shrimp nets. as far as siphons it could be that, or 5 gallon buckets. I have 3 different siphons that are shared, and several buckets

I just got some gardneri today from my neighbour that has his garage devoted to breeding killis. Got a young male and female along with a live food source and a wealth of information. The trouble is i can't remember the specific type of gardneri they are to log it, as I'm going to start a breeding project with them.
img_3203172_0_e8c16a42a17fcf4fccfc4013b88b6978.jpg
keeping tank heavily planted and using filtered water and trying to achieve some tea water with driftwood.

Any update on the health of your killis?

Do you use rainwater for yours, thats one thing I noted my neighbour uses, every tank contains rainwater.

I just got some gardneri today from my neighbour that has his garage devoted to breeding killis. Got a young male and female along with a live food source and a wealth of information. The trouble is i can't remember the specific type of gardneri they are to log it, as I'm going to start a breeding project with them.
img_3203190_0_e8c16a42a17fcf4fccfc4013b88b6978.jpg
keeping tank heavily planted and using filtered water and trying to achieve some tea water with driftwood.

Any update on the health of your killis?

Do you use rainwater for yours, thats one thing I noted my neighbour uses, every tank contains rainwater.

All my kills are finally healthy, I'm left with 1M, and 2F austral orange. My new killis (the name is a couple posts back) are doing great as well, both are conditioning for breeding. I use a mix of rainwater/tap. But in a couple weeks they will be going outside into the summer tubs.

BTW; your killis look great!

All my kills are finally healthy, I'm left with 1M, and 2F austral orange. My new killis (the name is a couple posts back) are doing great as well, both are conditioning for breeding. I use a mix of rainwater/tap. But in a couple weeks they will be going outside into the summer tubs.

BTW; your killis look great!

Glad to hear they're healthy now :D My tap water is hard and a fairly high ph, so an ro system is best. Trying to keep the softness down to with some driftwood and get some tannins going. I remembered the variant they are too...udi berge... Things are looking good as they're taking the black worms and begging for food.

:fish2:Big update:fish2:

The semi annual auction was this last Sunday and I did pretty good. Not as great as last time but still had a blast.

I scored;

10G tank (1)
heaters (2)
Bolivian rams (5)
vietnamese white clouds (6)
Neolamprologus brichardi (6) one did not make it
apistogramma borellii belle union (pair)
Fundulopanchax gardneri (pair)
N class endlers (colony)
several guppy strains
Neolamprologus multifasciatus (6)
Neolamprologus caudopunctatus (6)
krib (pair)
java moss (bowling ball)

I think that's all pics to follow.

Pics! Pics! Pics!
That's awesome I wish I had time to join a club near me.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom